How to fit SnoozeShade Plus
SnoozeShade Plus fits absolutely any single-width stroller with a hood and takes just seconds to attach.
Below you’ll find our short demonstration videos, which show you how to fit SnoozeShade Plus to a variety of different stroller styles. Before you dive into the demos, check out our top tips on fitting your SnoozeShade Plus:
1. You don’t need to use ALL the straps, only as many as work for you and your stroller. There are eight pairs of short straps on SnoozeShade Plus, because this is a safer option than having fewer, longer straps, which could pose a strangulation or entrapment risk. Some people use only two or three pairs of straps; others might need to use all eight to get a secure fit with no gaps to let in light.
2. Pull the hood of your pram or pushchair forward at least halfway before attaching the top straps. Your SnoozeShade Plus will then sit lower at the front and will be easier to attach at the bottom.
3. The straps don’t have to be attached to the frame of your pram or pushchair. You can attach them through any gap you find – hood hinges are ideal. You can also connect the straps to each other around the back of (or under) the carrycot or seat. Remember, you might not need to use all the straps, and it’s OK to stretch them as needed.
The SnoozeShade team is always here to help if you need any personalized advice. Just drop us a message, and we’ll be in touch. We really want you to get the best out of your SnoozeShade and, honestly, there's no such thing as a silly question. So ask away!
How to use SnoozeShade Plus with a parent-facing stroller
How to fit SnoozeShade Plus on an umbrella stroller
How to fit SnoozeShade Plus on a forward-facing Bugaboo Cameleon
How to fit SnoozeShade Plus on a parent-facing Bugaboo Cameleon
How to fit SnoozeShade Plus & SnoozeShade Original on an iCandy tandem stroller
How to fit SnoozeShade Plus on a pram, bassinet, or carrycot
SnoozeShade Plus is designed for use once baby is sitting up and out of a carrycot as it is almost double the size of the Original and has a window for baby to see out of. However, if you want to use it with a bassinet or carrycot, this video shows you how.
- SnoozeShade Plus is machine washable at 30° and can be tumble-dried on low heat.
- Before washing or storing your SnoozeShade, be sure to close all zippers and connect the straps to prevent damage to the fabric.
- Do not iron.
SnoozeShade was invented by a British mom, Cara Sayer, who needed a solution to help her baby daughter sleep soundly in her pram. Our scientifically tested fabric is free from chemicals and completely air permeable (which means air passes through it freely), and all our products are designed to exceed US standards. Every component is safe enough for a newborn, including our zippers and straps.
The following information will help ensure you use your SnoozeShade Plus safely. Please read it carefully:
- Whether you’re using SnoozeShade indoors or outdoors, please regularly check that your baby is well hydrated and comfortable. Our sneak-a-peek zip allows you to quickly check on your little one without disturbing their nap.
- Children should not be left unattended in a pram or stroller at any time and should always wear a correctly fitted harness where appropriate.
- When stationary, even indoors, turn the front of your pram or stroller away from direct sun. Always seek shade wherever possible.
- UV rays (including reflected UV rays) will enter the pram or stroller through any open area not covered by SnoozeShade. UV rays are reflected by water, concrete, snow, sand, and other surfaces.
- Doctors worldwide state that babies under six months must be kept completely out of direct sunlight.
- General sun-safety guidance from around the world suggests keeping a child of any age out of direct sun between 11 am and 4 pm.
- Check local advice on keeping babies and small children safe in the sun and hot conditions. Advice may vary in different countries.
- SnoozeShade, like any shade product, should always be used with other recommended forms of sun protection, such as sun lotion, hats, sunglasses, and protective clothing.
- It’s not advisable to use SnoozeShade in strong winds or heavy rain.
- This product cannot replace responsible adult supervision to prevent sunburn, overheating, or dehydration.