How to fit SnoozeShade Original
SnoozeShade Original fits absolutely any single-width stroller with a hood and takes just seconds to attach. Below you’ll find our short demonstration videos, which show you how to fit it to a variety of different stroller styles.
Before you dive into the demos, check out our top tips on fitting your SnoozeShade Original:
1. You don’t need to use ALL the straps, only as many as work for you and your stroller. There are six pairs of short straps because this is a safer option than having fewer, longer straps, which could pose a strangulation or entrapment risk. Some people use only two or three pairs of straps, others might need to use all six to get a secure fit with no gaps to let in light.
2. Pull the hood of your stroller forward at least halfway before attaching the top straps. Your SnoozeShade will then sit lower at the front and will be easier to attach at the bottom.
3. The straps don’t have to be attached to the frame of your stroller. You can attach them to each other through any gap you find – hood hinges are ideal. You can also attach the straps to each other around the back of (or under) the carrycot or seat. Remember you might not need to use all the straps, and it’s fine to stretch them as needed. Here is a video showing you different ways of connecting the straps.
If you need any personalized advice, the SnoozeShade team is always here to help. Just drop us a message and we’ll be in touch. We really want you to get the best out of your SnoozeShade and, honestly, there's no such thing as a silly question. So ask away!
The following demo videos show SnoozeShade Original being fitted to carrycot and a parent-facing stroller.
SnoozeShade Original on a carrycot or bassinet
SnoozeShade Original on a parent-facing stroller
- All SnoozeShades are machine-washable at 30° and can be tumble-dried on low heat.
- Before washing or storing your SnoozeShade, be sure to close all zippers and attach the Velcro straps to each other to prevent damage to the fabric.
- Do not iron.
SnoozeShade was invented by a British mom, Cara Sayer, who needed a solution to help her baby daughter sleep soundly in her stroller. Our scientifically tested fabric is free from chemicals and completely air permeable (which means air passes through it freely), and all our products are tested to and exceed US standards. Every component is safe enough for a newborn, including our zippers and straps.
The following information will help you use your SnoozeShade Original safely. Please read it carefully:
- Whether you’re using SnoozeShade indoors or outdoors, please check regularly that your baby is well hydrated and comfortable. Our sneak-a-peek zipper allows you to quickly check on your little one without disturbing their nap.
- Children should not be left unattended in a stroller at any time and should always wear a correctly fitted harness where appropriate.
- When stationary, even indoors, turn the front of your stroller away from direct sun. Always seek shade wherever possible.
- UV rays (including reflected UV rays) will enter the stroller through any open area not covered by SnoozeShade. UV rays are reflected by water, concrete, snow, sand, and other surfaces.
- Doctors worldwide state that babies under six months must be kept completely out of direct sunlight.
- General sun-safety guidance from around the world suggests keeping a child of any age out of direct sun between 11 am and 4 pm.
- Check local advice on keeping babies and small children safe in the sun and hot conditions. Advice may vary in different countries.
- SnoozeShade, like any shade product, should always be used with other recommended forms of sun protection such as sun lotion, hats, sunglasses, and protective clothing.
- It’s not advisable to use SnoozeShade in strong winds or heavy rain.
- This product cannot replace responsible adult supervision to prevent sunburn, overheating, or dehydration.