Some useful items to helps your family vacation run smoothly!
When you go away with kids, chances are your changing bag is stuffed and you have a few more bags stowed under the stroller too. Kids equal a LOT of luggage but how many of these things are essential?
When travelling with kids, here are the essentials you don't leave home without.
It’s top of the list! SnoozeShade is guaranteed to make your vacation with kids so much easier and here's why.
- Sun protection. SnoozeShade provides a high level of protection from the sun's harmful rays and is accredited by the Melanoma International Foundation too.
- Sleep on the go. Napping schedules are hard to stick to on vacation and there's a huge possibility your baby/ toddler won't be sleeping in a crib for most of their daytime sleeps. Not only will SnoozeShade protect them from the sun it will also create a cosy, darkened space for sleep. No distractions and no missed nap.
- A darkened space at night. SnoozeShade for pack n plays was designed with parents on vacation in mind. It's a breathable blackout cover for cribs that means your little one will stay cool and calm at bedtime. What's not to love?
First Aid Kit
Thanks to @fiveadventurers for this tip. Make sure your first aid kit is well stocked and ready to go. Kids are always getting into scrapes and being away from home means you don't have your usual stores or pharmacies to hand either. Make sure you include:
- Paracetamol; go for child-approved sachets as they're easier to carry
- Head thermometer
- Antiseptic cream
- Prescription medications (if applicable)
- Bandages and tape
- Insect repellent
- Emergency numbers for local services, should you need them
- Baby wipes
- Nappy bags
- Sterilising bags (if you need them)
Check your kit before you travel to ensure it's all in date.
Getting kids to sleep on vacation is not always an easy task. On Facebook, Jane suggested taking your own Pack n Play mattress (roll it up or fold it if you can) to provide a little more comfort at night. Often the cots that are provided on vacation aren't all that great, so this is a fantastic tip. Other sleep essentials include:
- A night light
- Blackout blind
- A white noise app for your phone or tablet to assist at bedtime
- Favourite comforter or blanket
While your little one is out and about, make sure you keep them protected from the sun. The essentials you need:
- UV swimwear
- A UV beach tent
- Sun cream (over six months)
- Light, long sleeved tops to cover up when the sun is strong
- Sun hat
- PLENTY of water
I know, being on vacation should be enough entertainment but you know what kids are like! Travelling often means delays and kids get tired and irritable easily, so time out now and then might be a good idea. The following are great to take away with you:
- Favourite toy or games that can be packed easily
- iPad/ tablet with games and books and headphones
- Favourite DVDs (check there’s a player where you’re going)
What are your travel essentials when you go away with the kids? Share your tips with us on our social channels!